February 18, 2006

ScummVW

Speaking of good clean family entertainment you can trust!

Need I say more?

Well ok DOTT and of course the world known game comic Day After the Day of the Tentacle. Most of the world famous Lucas Art Games are now known as Abandonware. This means that you can get them for free.

I downloaded a couple of Monkey Island from this place www.downloadcentral.dk. They have most of the famous ones. Problem is though they are all packed in the ACE format.

Luckily this is ported with darwinports, so sudo install grace will dump the much appreciated unpacker on your box.

When it's done you should be able to unpack you ownloaded game by:
unace e monkey.ace I created a directory for each game I downloaded, and extracted the game in there. Then I added the game to scumVM.

No comments: