February 18, 2006

Subversion & mail man

A long forgotten tool is the command line mail, I decided to start using it again for sending attachments. As this is much neater.

Then I decided to write a block entry here but someone bet me to it: 'SHELLdorado - Sending files as mail attachments'. SHELLdorado is a great resource for shell stuff.

With nothing better to do I decided to read the latest Linux Journal, especially the Subversion article. Rumor has it that subversion will be replacing cvs.

I'm not that big a user of cvs but I decided to have a look at subversion and use for handling my general set up on both my powerbook and my office linux box.

sudo port install subversion ...... Did I mention I'm in love with Darwinports? Then simply follow the article to create repository, or just read the Subversion documentation.

No comments: