February 09, 2006

The Gimp Deux

I need the gimp, luckily darwinports.org has a resent port of gimp2, and you can install it by typing:
sudo port install gimp2
Wait .......... Once the installation is done typing:
gimp
in a shell'll launch the application. Now you want to set your own splash screen. I choose mine from the GIMP 10th Anniversary Splash Contest. Just dump the splash image as
~/.gimp2.2/gimp-splash.png
There's loats more configuration for the gimp where that came from check the Gimp man page for details.

I found, however, that my XDarwin application needed a good window manager instead of 'just' using TVM, which it is born with. So, I installed Oroborus for Mac. This gives the nice transparent frames just like Tiger.... Grrrr...

All I had to do was to change to my preferred key mapping from the USA.xmodmap to DK.xmodmap. Then Orobrus was good to go. With all the work related issues ready I guess I'm ready to go else where, it's entertainment time: scumVM

No comments: